Saturday, May 9, 2009

Masen Turns 2 Months Old

Today Masen turned 2 months old. He is such a good baby, and we absolutely adore him! Here are a few things I love about Masen.
  • He is such a good nurser. This is something I was really worried about. It was rough in the beginning, and there were many times I nearly gave up. I'm glad I stuck with it though, and now we make a great team.
  • I love the happy noises he makes when he is nursing. It reminds me of that movie What About Bob. There is a part in the movie when Bob is making such a big deal out of a homemade meal with corn on the cob and asks, "Is this corn hand shucked?" I sometimes call Masen, Bob because he makes the same happy noises.
  • He is so cute when he rolls his eyes when he is tired. It's like he's trying to stay awake, but is asleep with his eyes open.
  • He is not a big cryer. He does cry every now and then, but is more of a squaker and squeeker. It's like he already has his own language.
  • He is a thumb sucker. Heaven knows I tried to force the binky on him, but he always gags and looks at me like I'm trying to choke him. I finally gave up and let him suck his thumb. I may not think it's so cute in a few years, but for now it's adorable.
  • He is such a good sleeper. He never really had his days and nights mixed up. Last night he slept for 7 hours straight, and probably would have slept for longer, but I had to wake him up before I exploded.
  • He LOVES his baths. He gets such a serious look on his face when he is splashing, like he is concentrating really hard. When he gives a big splash he smiles. I haven't figured out if he smiles because he likes the splash, or if he is smiling at my reaction.
  • He is my little smiley guy. If you can get him to look you in the eye he will reward you with a big grin. He is on the verge of laughing, but isn't quite there yet. It's OK though. His smiles are all I need for now.
  • He makes such funny faces. I would love to know what he is thinking sometimes.

We are so glad God sent this special little guy to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment